Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spec'ing Out

So my last post offered a functional specification for a simple program with a simple goal. Functional specifications describe the way the program works.

This is all well and good, and every project should start with something along those lines. However, when I tried to work that out I found myself stuck again. Not due to inability to do something (the way I was stuck with the textures before) but because I didn't know what the best way to get about doing what I wanted to do was.

To solve that, you need a technical specification. The two specs essentially design the program in English, before you get down to translating the program for the computer. So coming up, I'll be making the technical specification for this little program. Not now, though, because it's pretty late.

No comments:

Post a Comment